Saturday, March 5, 2011

Passionately Pink Teachers Walk Again!

I’ve committed with a team of Passionately Pink Teachers to participate again for my 3rd year in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Breast cancer is a disease that still affects far too many people, and I’m determined to do everything I can to help put an end to it. The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those that most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures. I’ll be just one of thousands of people that will walk up to a marathon and a half over a weekend, raising awareness of the cause and educating even more people.

I lost a grandmother to this disease. I've lost too many friends to this disease. One of my former students just lost her mom days before Christmas last year. And, one year ago a classmate from high school lost her battle as well. But the fight continues and we must battle together! I have a neighbor who is a survivor and another basketball mom that is fighting the good fight even now. So - Dorothy Ashton, Gayle Miller, Julie Price, Helen Barton, Shelli Ward, Lisa Miller, Tina Hudgens and the thousands of more women around the world - THIS IS FOR YOU!

I can’t do it without your help. Though I’m required to raise at least $1,800 in donation, I plan to raise much more!

I hope that I can count on your support.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Contributions made easy

You can make a donation to my fundraising campaign right here on the website by clicking on the pink "Donate Now" button. If you prefer to write a check, just contact me and I'll send you the information and form.

As I prepare for this exciting event, I plan to update this page frequently so that all my supporters can follow my progress, so please visit often. While you're here, you might want to spend some time on the site to find out more information on why this event is so important, and the organizations and people that will be helped by the money we all raise.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

No comments: