Sunday, March 13, 2011

Save Texas Schools March and Rally, Austin, TX - Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yesterday, I drove to Austin, Texas with my middle son, to meet my mom and dad and take part of the Save Our Schools March and Rally. It was a beautiful, but windy day. It was a very positive experience and was a great feeling to be one of over 11,000 people fighting to keep the future of our children filled with hope. I always teach my students that "Knowledge is Power!" The children that were able to take part in this received a first-hand civics lesson.

I was very proud of the groups of high school students that made the trip to fight for their education!

My mom. :)  I am so thankful that my parents came to participate with me!

My dad is the closest person in green.

A group of high school students - I think from Kingwood


A sea of people as far as you could see.  We were in the middle with as many people behind us as there was in front.



Great Signs! 





There was a group of statues that were of children next to the capital. The purpose of the statues is as a tribute to Texas School Children - somewhat ironic isn't it?

We thought it would be fun to have the statue children carry signs too. :)







The rally came next. You can see the main speakers that I uploaded from YouTube previously.





The fight is not over.  Please join us by contacting your state representatives and let them know that the people of Texas say, "Don't Mess with Texas Children and Education!"

No comments: