Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 Began with Good-bye


2012 began with the loss of my grandmother, Mary Sparger, aka MeMa.  This will be a very different year for my entire family. The thought of each birthday and holiday this year without her always brings tears to my eyes.  I especially hurt for my mom as I know this will be an especially difficult year for her.
My MeMa, Mom & Dad, my sons, & me - Thanksgivng 2009 (I think)
She also gave me so many precious memories that bring smiles to my face and heart (yes, my heart can smile).
For my high school graduation
Long story, funny to Mom, MeMa & Me!
 
I think that this post left on the online guestbook says it all.
My MeMa grew up during the depression, she lost her parents, 11 siblings, was widowed at age 42, was alone when she found her only son dead from a gunshot wound, and lost her first great-grandson. Yet, through this and so much more she was sweet, kind, loving, and an example of a living bible to me.  She would often say, "Well, it could always be worse."

I will always carry her in my heart!

No comments: