Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hard Part of Being a Boy's Mom

As my oldest prepares for Homecoming tonight it brings to mind another one of the hard issues of being the mom of all boys. Don't get me wrong - I love having all boys! But on special nights like these the realization of the differences of sons and daughters is quite apparent.

Boys, at least mine, don't understand why mom even cares so much about the special occasion. Generally, when I think about my past, the boy comes to pick up the girl and the girl's family sees the couple and takes the pictures. A boy's family says, "Have a nice evening," and then watches them drive away. I would love pictures; I get, "I'm sure you'll see some posted on somewhere on Facebook ."

At least last time he couldn't drive so I HAD to be involved (which I loved every minute of).

This time is much different though because my son and his date are going in a group. Is she a date; I'm not sure. My understanding is he's meeting her at the host home and then they will travel together to the various destinations. Groups seem to be the more popular thing to do now than when I was that age. They generally all meet at someones house, take pictures as a group and then head out. I think it's great!

Well, I hope they have all have a wonderful evening. And please, if you go to or have a a son or daughter at Magnolia High School and you see my son and his friends, send me some pictures on Facebook. It's my only connection.

No comments: