Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Much to be Thankful for!

Dear friends, family, and readers,

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope this Thanksgiving is special for each of you.

I have so much to be thankful for. I have a gracious God that loves me, I was raised by parents that love me and care for me. They taught me the importance of going to church. My mom would read Bible stories to me when she put me to bed when I was young. My grandmother has taught me that "things could always be worse" - a valuable lesson. I have a wonderful husband, three precious sons, a wonderful relationship with my in-laws, a home, transportation, food in my stomach, clothes, a job, fabulous team members at work, etc....... I could go on and on.

Today I am also thankful because I hit my 25 lb mark on weight loss. :)

I am also very thankful that I did not burn my house down earlier today. I thought a nice fire in the fireplace would make this morning perfect, especially since it was so cold in the house. Oh well, so much for dreaming. I evidently got the fire too big. The flue was open, I checked before I started, but smoke began coming into the room as well as going up the chimney. I ended up having to get the fire extinguisher to put the fire out because all of our fire alarms were going off. That upset the dogs that started howling. I already have been coughing and have no voice but this added to it. Now instead of having a nice, cozy, warm home we have a stinky, cold house because all the doors and windows are open. However - we could have had a fire and lost our house or I might not have had the fire extinguisher. "It could have been worse." :) It made me really thankful that everyone is going to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving and not coming over here.


I am thankful that my MeMa is at home and is doing as well as possible since her fall and hip surgery earlier in June.





Another thing I am thankful for is that my parents got to come visit on Monday and Tuesday. I hadn't seen my mom in four months! :( They got to go see Caleb and Jacob's basketball games too. It was really neat when both my parents and Dustin's parents were at Tuesday night's game. How wonderful for our boys to have both sets of grandparents together. It is truly a blessing!

No comments: