Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's the little things that mean so much...

While my oldest son and I were trying to cover the plants and wrap the outside pipes due to the freezing weather that is very rare here, my middle son came out to see how it was going. When he realized how cold my hands were and how much they hurt he said, "Do you want my gloves?" He proceeded to take them off and to actually help put them on my hands because I couldn't get my fingers to move. Though it may seem like such a small thing, that one act of kindness blessed my heart beyond belief. It was a moment that helped me to know that he does love me and cares about me.

This importance comes because my precious son has said, "I love you," and has hugged me probably less than five times in his fifteen years. In my heart I know he loves me, but as a mom it is a struggle to keep my chin up and to keep reminding myself of that on a daily basis. This act of kindness spoke more to my heart than words ever could have.

Thank you so much Jacob; I love you with all my heart!

No comments: